Adding the Jewelbots boards
In order to code your Jewelbots, you need to add the special Jewelbots boards to the Arduino IDE. After you are done with
this, you can move on to the next step, which is uploading the sample code.
1. Open the Arduino preferences
a. Windows/Linux File > Preferences
b. Mac OS Arduino > Preferences
2. Find the box for "Additional Boards Manager URL"
3. Copy and paste the following into the box:
4. Click "OK".
5. Restart your Arduino IDE
Close it and reopen the program
6. From the Tools menu, scroll over "Board:" and then click on "Boards Manager".
7. Type in "j" in the search box to quickly find the Jewelbots Boards
8. Click anywhere in the box for "Jewelbots Firmware Update", "Jewelbots Friendship Mode" and "Jewelbots Solo Mode" to display the "Install" button.
a. Make sure to install all three so you are ready to code your Jewelbot after updating your firmware (if your Jewelbot came in the child-safe package).
9. Click on the "Install" button to download.
10. Restart your Arduino IDE once more.
Close it and reopen the program.